Tom Clancy’s The Division is one of the hottest games launched this year. The player’s role is to restore order in a chaotic Manhattan environment in the aftermath of a smallpox pandemic.
But what do you do when you no longer can play the game due to the annoying black/ white error screen? What survival skills will you be using then? Those below, of course.
Black screen error – 5 solutions
1. Press ALT+Enter to switch to windowed mode.
2. Change the resolution from the menu.
3. If this does not solve the issue, try the following solution:
- Go to Tom Clancy’s The Divison file from your Documents folder
- Open GFXSettings.Rogue_x64
- Change the “width” and “height” values so that they match you resolution
- Go back to fullscreen
- Save the settings and start the game
4. The black screen error is due, of course, to graphics and more specifically to an express installation of the display driver as Ubisoft explains on their support page. In this case:
- Reinstall the driver
- Use the Custom – Clean Install option
5. Run the Windows 7 compatibility mode.
White screen error
- Open the Division folder
- Right click on the exe file
- Open compatibility and change it to Windows 7 compatibility (this also works for the black screen error)
- Save the setting and start the game
According to Ubisoft, this error is caused by your hardware not meeting the standard requirements to properly run the game. And the only possible solution would be to upgrade your hardware.
However, some users reported that the above mentioned fix method worked for them. So before saying good-bye to your old pal, give it a try and test this fix.
READ ALSO: Candy Crush Jelly Saga Has Stopped Working