Most of the games and software will “reward” you with at least one “has stopped working” error of its kind, and I know how darn frustrating can it be. The issue that we’re going to discuss about today and try to workout a solution together involves the Zoo Tycoon Executable not working, be it you’re running the original game or the Zoo Tycoon 2 edition. Also, the issue has been reported across all Windows version – XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, as well as on some Linux and Mac devices. Here’s what one affected user is saying:
I can install Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection. But when I try to start the game it says ” zoo tycoon 2 executable has stopped working. A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available” I have Uninstalled and Re installed 3 times and have shut down my computer. Is there anything i can do to fix this or make it work?
And here’s the complaint of another one:
Basically I just got zoo tycoon 2 ultimate collection and the installing part went fine but when I tried to play the game the colour scheme changed on windows 7 and then this message popped up. “zoo tycoon 2 executable has stopped working” I’ve tried loads, people are talking about compatibility and I’ve tried that but I don’t understand how it works please, please help!
Potential fixes for Zoo Tycoon ‘has stopped working’ issues
Run in compatibility mode
First of all, you should know that the game you’re trying to open has been marked as “not supported” by latest Windows versions, therefore you should try and open it in compatibility mode. Here are the easy steps that you need to take:
- Right click on the Zoo Tycoon .exe file
- Now click on Properties
- After that, click on Compatibility tab
- And now just select Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows Vista or a previous version until you manage to make it work
Also, have a look at this article on Microsoft’s website in case you might find more solutions there.
Some other possible solution
- Boot the game in clean bot mode, see this article on Microsoft website
- Make sure that you have downloaded the latest video and audio drivers, as well as DirectX
- Uninstall the game completely and reinstall it again on the clean
- Make sure that you’re running a legit version of the game and that you’ve downloaded the latest patch, as well